Monday 9 February 2015

South Scotland Regional List For Holyrood

Well that's it finally done. I have submitted my nomination for the South Scotland List. I would ask that you consider me for this position and that you consider giving me your first preference vote,

I am not aware of who the other candidates are as of yet but I would very much like them to be part of this blog and I would be more than happy for them to submit a post to me and I will publish it in their name for them.

My exact submission states:
 

Please give me your first preference vote to place an enthusiastic, dedicated Green campaigner on the South of Scotland list for Holyrood 2016.
Greens are well placed to speak to voters, not just about the environment, but also about social justice, international development, and sustainable economic growth. My life experiences position me to be able to talk with voters and convince them that a vote for the Greens is a positive and productive vote for change.
  •   Born in Glasgow moving to Ayrshire with my family in 1999.
  •   Served as a Police Officer in Glasgow and Ayrshire for 15 year.
  •   Married with two teenage children, one of whom is autistic.
  •   Worked laterally in a dept. of Road Policing dealing with education. Was a founding speaker for Reckless Driving Wrecks Lives which engaged with thousands of Ayrshire schoolchildren, live, on an annual basis, about road safety.
  •   During the referendum campaign, I engaged with hundreds of voters at weekly stalls and canvassing. I not only gained valuable insight into constituents concerns, but importantly I was able to raise awareness of Green policy and strategies. 
 
I have a very strong work ethic and can guarantee if you support my nomination I will work tirelessly for our region to ensure the Scottish Green message gets out to as many people as possible.


Im passionately committed to ensuring the Scottish Green voice is heard.  I believe I can, with the support of your first preference vote, as a prominent list candidate, help achieve this.
 As you can imagine it is very difficult to explain to people in 250 words, who have never directly met you and consequently do not know you, how good you will be at the job and to trust you with their vote. I would actively encourage all of you that have questions about me to contact me, either in this thread, or by filling out a contact form or on my Facebook Page. I would be happy to chat and answer any queries you have.

All I would like to add is the fact that whilst I have no specific experience in the chamber of Holyrood and I did join the party six months prior the huge surge, I would say that I am very much part of the new energised movement, and if given the chance I would take that energy and passion forward into canvassing and campaigning for at least one Scottish Green Party list MSP for South Scotland. As I am retired for the police service I can dedicate my free time to winning a seat on this list.

I am well aware of the huge and diverse area that South Scotland covers, the constituencies of Ayr,
Carrick, Cumnock and Doon Valley, Clydesdale, Dumfriesshire, East Lothian, Ettrick, Roxburgh and Berwickshire, Galloway and West Dumfries, Kilmarnock and Irvine Valley, Midlothian South, Tweeddale, and Lauderdale. I solemnly promise that I will be utterly resolute and steadfast, if elected as an MSP, in ensuring that South Scotland's Scottish Green Party perspective is put front and centre at every opportunity that is possible, no matter which part of South Scotland the chance presents itself from.

Again I humbly ask that you consider me for your first preference vote.

Thanks for listening.

4 comments:

  1. Every good wish for the selection campaign and I know that whatever the result, you'll be an asset to the Green Party.
    Let's make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Debra. The feeling is very much reciprocated.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks very much bud. It's going to be very hard work but I'm happy to do it and hopefully I'll be able to let the members know that I'm very caoable of doing the job well.

      Delete