Thursday 5 February 2015

Veronika Tudhope - Scottish Greens Candidate for Central Ayrshire

A quick shout out to our wonderful candidate Veronika Tudhope who is standing as a candidate in the Central Ayrshire constituency in the General Election in 2015.

A short excerpt from her page:

I am hugely honoured to be standing as the Scottish Green Party candidate for Central Ayrshire in the upcoming election on 7th May 2015.


A LITTLE ABOUT ME:
I have been active in Ayrshire CND for over a decade. Joint vice-chair of Scottish CND as well as on the council of British CND for three years. In previous work roles I was an elected union health and safety rep at the Royal Mail, a breastfeeding counsellor in which we raised awareness about the nestle boycott and inappropriate advertising of baby milk formula and a founder member of Glasgow University Green Group. I do politics and I knit, sometimes simultaneously.

Being ‘Green’ in my outlook and life choices long before I joined the Scottish Green Party I think it's important to stress that although The Greens are often seen purely as environmentalists, social justice is an equally important aspect of Green politics.

In this election the Scottish Greens are campaigning for an end to austerity that is plunging so many into a life of insufferable poverty.

WHAT I WILL DO IF ELECTED:
The problems of Ayrshire are the problems of Scotland. We need good housing, stable jobs, good educational opportunities, accessible health care and affordable transport – all in a safe and healthy environment.

Unemployment is a particular priority as North Ayrshire is at the bottom of the league table. If elected I would work hard to encourage local employers to pay the Living Wage; to help to secure contracts to bring renewable energy training and technology to Ayrshire and to find other ways to tackle poverty and inequality. I will also continuing campaigning for a complete ban on fracking, the scrapping of trident whilst working to make sure that public services are in the publics hands.
 Find Veronika at  https://www.facebook.com/voteveronika and

No comments:

Post a Comment